1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney Digs Up $1.5 Million Deal with Miners

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by John Corn, Aug 5, 2002.

1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    The Walt Disney Co. has locked up a nearly $1.5 million deal for the exclusive book and TV movie rights to the personal stories of the nine Pennsylvania miners whose miraculous rescue riveted the nation last month.

Disney-owned ABC will produce a two-hour TV movie about the rescue operation, while sibling publisher Hyperion is expected to release a book about their ordeal. In addition to working with the so-called Quecreek Nine, Disney is also making a deal with one of the lead rescuers.

Full Story

2. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    that seems an awful lot of money for something that is essentially public domain info....and spread around, no one is going to get much cheese out of it(excepts maybe the representatives)

3. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Well that didn't take long! I wonder if the Disney negotiator was at the top of the hole as the miners were being brought out? :D

See ya
    Tony

4. gopherscot

gopherscot Legend

Mar 25, 2002
    I am really happy for the miners ... they have been through hell and from what I have seen and heard of them, they can all use the money. The ones I have heard revealed that they can never go underground again. This will help them pursue other things in life .. please spend it wisely guys!