1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance limitations on DECA to receiver?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Herdfan, May 23, 2010.

1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I finally bit the bullet and order some DECA's. But I have one receiver that has the potential to cause me issues. It is very hard to make changes to it. Right now it is running off of a WB616 with both lines and ethernet for MRV.

Would I be able to put the DECA module near the SWM which is about 50' away from the receiver? I have a dedicated CAT5 to this location, so I can just plug it in to the DECA as well. The only thing that would really change is the DECA module would be 50' instead of 6" away from the receiver (HR21-700).

Thanks.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    :confused: why?

3. rsblaski

rsblaski Icon

Jul 6, 2003
    Southern Nevada
    How would you connect the ethernet cable from the DECA to the receiver?

4. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    The receiver is in a built-in cabinet. To get access to the back of it requires removing a 140# plasma, removing the panel behind it, removing the faux shelf. The TV is too heavy for my wife to help me with, so I need to get my neighbor -twice. Last time I just swapped out the HR20 that was there for the HR21, took me over and hour just to break down/replace the cabinetry. Its just a huge PITA.

5. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I have an ethernet cable connected now. The cable runs from the receiver to a wall plate, from the wall plate back to a scructured wiring cabinet. From there it runs to my switch. Instead of running it to the switch, I would run it to the DECA.

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    There is no reason a DECA with a long cat5 to the receiver wouldn't work.