1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

distant feeds

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by major nelson, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. major nelson

major nelson Guest

i ment why would you loose your distants. i get my locals and big 4 east and west just fine. if they try to cancel my `big 4`, ill cancel my service !

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    By the SHVIA, if you live within the GRADE A profile for your local stations - you WILL lose your Big 4 east and west. If you live within the GRADE B profile,(and meet some other conditions, most notably about WHEN you started subscribing to the out-of-market networks), you MAY lose them. OTOH, the DBS providers may take the postion that since your local stations are offered by them (even if you are outside the GRADE B profile) , that you are no longer "unserved" by them and they may decide to stop offering them to you (or there maybe some clause in the retransmission agreements requiring this - I'm not privy to any such and so I'm just speculating).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.