1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distribute modulator output (UHF) through a DPP44 switch

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by EdN, Aug 26, 2012.

1. EdN

EdN Mentor

May 5, 2007
    I want to distribute output from a modulator (UHF channels) though the DPP44 switch to my 4 satellite receivers. Can I use the 4th input port? Would I use a Holland DPD2 diplexer? The output from a 1000.4WA dish is also going into the DPP44 switch.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    You may want to do it that way, but it won't work.

What you need to do -
    get a 3/4 way splitter and enough pairs of diplexers.

Wiring - from the OUTPUT side of the DPP44 - put the diplexers in, the SAT input to the output of the DPP44. The ANT input goes to the splitter. The input to the splitter comes from another cable on the output of your modulator. At each end of the cable, you put the other diplexer, with the common going to the common at the DPP44. Sat will go to the satellite reciever, ANT to your OTA inputs device.

If the modulator is the one supplying for the others - then you could use the diplexers to send the signal to the DPP44 , where you would then split and use the diplexer as above.

In any event - the DPP44 will not work to pass the OTA signals in a reliable manner to all the outputs.

3. EdN

EdN Mentor

May 5, 2007
    Hi Scooper,
    Thanks for the reply. Is there any way you could include a diagram as an attachment?
    I think that would clear up any questions I have.
    Thanks again.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Just to give complete info, Ed is trying to view dvd's from his player through the receiver. He posted this on another site.

5. Wire Nut

Wire Nut Legend

Apr 6, 2012
    Scooper's got it right, just make sure the power inserter for output port 1 is not in line with any of your UHF/VHF signals. IOW, do not put the power inserter between the in/out ports of your diplexers. EdN, it would be helpful to know what receivers you have and how they are all connected, and whether you already have diplexers for TV2, etc. before a diagram can be applied.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    My wife did up a nice drawing - I just don't have anywhere to post a link for it...

7. EdN

EdN Mentor

May 5, 2007
    Hi All,
    I made a sketch of my system (png image). How do I insert it into quick reply?

8. Wire Nut

Wire Nut Legend

Apr 6, 2012
    From paint? Click attach (paper clip) when replying, browse, find the file, click upload and wait. Then it's attached to your post, just like my van:

Attached Files:

9. Wire Nut

Wire Nut Legend

Apr 6, 2012
    Click "go advanced", attach is not available with quick reply.

10. EdN

EdN Mentor

May 5, 2007
    Hi All,
    Attached is a sketch of my system.

11. EdN

EdN Mentor

May 5, 2007
    I came up with the attached layout. Please tell me if it will work.
    Thanks.

12. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    That's pretty close

13. EdN

EdN Mentor

May 5, 2007
    I hooked it up as shown in my earlier post's attachment and it works fine. I needed an amplifier between the modulator and the splitter.

14. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    So, you didn't use DPP44 as part of UHF signals distribution ? Mangled with bunch of splitters/combiners ...

I would try just for a gig, then use only splitters at receivers.