1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

District 9

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Christopher Gould, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    anyone see it?

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Somebody saw it!

$37,000,000 estimate for the weekend and the #1 film.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It's on the Netflix save list. I'm sure it was good in the theatre but I'm not so sure it would lose anything on the (relatively) small screen.

4. jaybertx

jaybertx Mentor

Feb 18, 2007
    Fantastic movie. You can read into it as a social commentary or can take it on the surface as a great sci-fi movie. The 15 year old kids loved it and the wife, who generally doesn't like sci fi movies, enjoyed it as well.

It's really amazing how much detail they put into the aliens. It really makes you believe that they're real living creatures.

5. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Great movie! I wasn't a big fan of the beginning with the Blair Witch thing going on, but the middle was great. I loved the effects!

6. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I too thought it was a great movie on all levels.

John

7. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    saw it today good movie. what's the chance of another one.

8. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Sorry disagree. If I could I would get a refund. Love syfy flicks but that movie wasnt very good. The only scene I liked was the one from the previews. They could have dont without the beginning of the movie.

9. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Saw it this afternoon.

I'm mixed.

Overall I enjoyed it. However, it was a bit slow to get rolling. I would have also like to see how/why they ended up on earth.

As for a another one. The door was certainly left open.

10. jonesron

jonesron AllStar

Jun 23, 2007
    I'm a Scifi fan, but in my opinion this is one of the poorer movies I've actually paid money to see in the past few years.

11. koji68

koji68 Icon

Jun 21, 2004
    Great movie. Just saw it and really liked it. The only thing I didn't like is the shaking camera shots that so many movies use today. I can't wait until that style of shooting goes away.