1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DLB Support Group

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jaywdetroit, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    [Fun]

I need help.

I have been trying all day long to resist posting yet ANOTHER DLB thread. It's a losing battle.

Things have been quiet on the DLB front. Rumor is, its one the drawing board and under design now. I hate unconfirmed rumors. But I'll take this one.

What's a DLB fanboy to do? I noticed the Chat room gets little activity save for the nights a new build is in the pipe line.

It got me thinking. Maybe we need a DLB support group for all those souls wandering around aimlessly, walking into walls....

LOST - without their DLBs. We could call it "DLB Posters Anonymous"

We could meet once a week in the chat room and discuss our strategies for overcoming "DLB Dependency".

Then I got to thinking - What would it do for my recovery prospects, if as I suspect, I am the only one suffering from DLB dependency and no one else shows up?

Well okay - I'm sure at least JHeda will show, but who else?

[/fun]

2. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    DLB? I haven't thought about since the NFL regular Season ended. I don't use if for regular TV shows, that's what Season Pass, Series Link, and the record button are for.

3. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    "Hi, my name is JayW and I haven't posted a DLB post for 1 hour"

<everyone> Hi, JayW! :D

So JayW, when you get that craving for DLB and DLB postings, is it your mother or your father telling you to post? :) Are the voices telling you to just push that "Live TV" button? :)

Chris? Earl? Can we help a fellow dbstalker out and maybe use the chat room for the DLB support forum? :) We promise to clean up afterward...

We're here for you. Hang in there,
    Tom

4. jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    Tibber-

I am going to need an advocate....

5. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    Would be an honor.

6. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    2 HR-20s + programable remote = 90min DLBs :)

7. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    Yeah, but with only slight modifications 2 HR-10s is 2 90min DLBs for your PIP. :)

8. redrocker

redrocker AllStar

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't need sports to use DLBs.....I used it all the time & miss it very much! I also want to have instant 30 sec skip back! These are the two features that I used the most with the HR10 tivo. There are other features I wish the HR20 had also, but can live without if need be.
    I will be a supporter of this thread.

9. mtnagel

mtnagel Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2006
    I agree, but I see no reason for them to not at it. As long as it doesn't come at the expense of stability/reliability first.

10. markrubi

markrubi Icon

Oct 12, 2006
    I sure do miss my DLB's . It's such a pain to press record on 2 channels to simulate DLB. And if you want to surf to a new channel you then need to stop recording on one of the tuners.

11. markrubi

markrubi Icon

Oct 12, 2006
    my HR20 skips 30 seconds at a time with the press of a button.....

12. redrocker

redrocker AllStar

Jan 3, 2007
    are you saying yours is instant or like really fast FF

13. wmschultz

wmschultz DBSTalk Club Member DBSTalk Club

Jul 18, 2006
    But it isn't an "instant skip". It actually shows you the stuff you are skipping.

Splitting hairs, I know. I agree with you though.

14. markrubi

markrubi Icon

Oct 12, 2006
    You are right.. It's not as fast like the hr10's were... So it's more of a 30 second FF.

15. redrocker

redrocker AllStar

Jan 3, 2007
    If it is not like tivo 30 sec skip it is like splitting a telephone book...not hairs.

16. wmschultz

Jul 18, 2006
    Give the comparison a rest. How many actual DirecTivo owners out there no how to program the feature since it is "insider" information.

17. redrocker

redrocker AllStar

Jan 3, 2007
    Whatever! what rock have you been under? most tivo owners infact, do know how to program the remote for this feature.

18. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    These the same VCR owners who couldn't set their clocks... :)

My Dad knows how, after I taught him. But he doesn't do DLB and frequently watches shows live so he can read the paper during commercials...

Cheers,
    Tom

19. jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    We are powerless over DLB
    (repeat)

People we are all in the same boat, we don't come to these meetings to fight. :icon_an:

20. wmschultz

Jul 18, 2006
    I'm the only one in my family that knows how to program it. And I mean my entire extended family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.