1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DMA: San Francisco/Oakland /San Jose missing guide data

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by paulcdavis, Jun 5, 2007.

1. paulcdavis

paulcdavis Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 22, 2004
    Receiver: Vip 622
    Antenna: outdoor Antennas Direct 91XG on 15 ft mast on roof with rotor peaked for Walnut Grove (Sacramento) towers.
    no preamp ( tested with channel master amp - did not help)
    1 mile from Sutro Tower but 500 ft hill near house blocks line of sight.

Problem description:
    No signals from Sutro Tower
    KTEH-01 OTA has no guide data
    KTEH-02 OTA has no guide data
    W after network means weather channel.

Station Name Network Guide Data

11-01 KNTV NBCHD YES
    11-02 KNTV NBC W YES
    36-01 KICU IND YES
    36-02 KTVN KBS YES
    54-01 KTEH PBSHD NO
    54-02 KTEH V ME NO
    54-03 KTEH PBS YES

If KTEH PBSHD had guide data I would re orient my antenna for San Jose. I'm only picking up these signals from a side lobe of the antenna pointed at Sacramento. I find the Dish HD locals more reliable than Sacramento (63 miles away, lose signal in rain or fog) and my HD locals are on 110, so Echostar 5 weak signals will not be a problem.