1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Do all receivers support 3D?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mrsdrgn, May 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mrsdrgn

mrsdrgn Mentor

Jan 20, 2010
    When 3D will be available, I am wondering if all the receivers will support the 3D programing. I have a HR20-700 receiver and I want to watch the world cup in 3D.

2. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I believe all H2x and HR2x receivers will be compatible.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    But you have to make sure your TV is compatible. DirecTV will not support checkerboard.

4. mrsdrgn

mrsdrgn Mentor

Jan 20, 2010
    do you need a swm to connect the HR24 with only one cable?

5. Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers Godfather

Jan 14, 2008
    Metro-Atlanta
    Depends on whether or not you want both tuners to work. You can connect one cable to a HR24 on a non-SWM system, but only one tuner will work. You need a SWM to use both tuners in the HR24 with only one cable.

6. hogon41

hogon41 Cool Member

Nov 21, 2007
    DIRECTV receivers H21, H23, H24, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24, R22 w/HD access. The H20 and HR20 DO NOT Support 3D.

7. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    Actually not true. There will be some information coming out on Monday on a special landing page that will explain.

HR21 and above or H21 and above will support 3D.

You also must have a HDMI cable.

Not all 3D televisions will work at launch, either, especially some of the older ones from a few years ago.

There will be a list of tv models that work seamlessly with the software downloads that are starting now and the receivers. There are some additional models that "may" work because they are from the same family generation of models, but if they haven't been tested yet will not be listed as approved until they are tested.

Hope that helps

8. georule

georule Hall Of Fame

Mar 31, 2010
    Hopefully Mitsu will get off their rears with 3DC-1000 and get it out to market sooner rather than later. Probably more DirecTV customers with the Mitsu 3D-capable checkboard sets than the rest combined (at least for the moment), and the 3DC-1000 will make them compatible with devices sending out the other formats.

9. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    The first blow against the venerable HR20. :(