1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Away With Interactive Features D* This problem is insane

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Msguy, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Ok It's time for DirecTv to do away and scrap these interactive features and scoreguide. It slows down channel changing with sports and it's messing up Day 1 of NFL Sunday ticket. I want a Refund. It's now halftime and I have yet to enjoy my NFL Sunday Ticket That I have paid dearly for, Money that I really didn't have to spend, but i spent it anyway. DirecTv better make this right with me because I am PISSED!:mad:

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Week One is often rough. That's why it's the free preview week. You're not really out any money yet.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    :rolleyes: Really? DirecTV has billed people and no one can cancel since the season started.

4. sore_bluto

sore_bluto Godfather

Mar 15, 2007
    It would be pretty easy for DIRECTV to give us the option to turn off the interactive features. While they are at it, they could give us the option to disable the ACTIVE button and channel 1 as well.

5. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Of course he is! He paid or is paying for a full season and not getting it.

6. alm

alm Mentor

Sep 12, 2009
    From Directv's facebook page: NFL Update: interactive features like Player Tracker, ScoreGuide and Game Mix have been temporarily disabled to resolve the issues. If you continue to experience problems, resetting your receiver may resolve them.

7. ericcooper1956@att.net

ericcooper1956@att.net AllStar

Jul 18, 2011
    Hey forum moderators, shouldn't this thread be merged into the other thread?

8. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    What I want is the ability to disable those ugly little icons that get associated with tv shows and movies in the guide and on the playlist. Every time I flush my guide data I can scroll with ease since those arent loading while it rebuilds the guide but once those things are loaded it stops you on every f*!&ing thing and makes you wait while it loads that stupid little icon for whatever show is highlighted. What a waste of time.

9. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I enjoyed my Sunday Ticket immensely and use scoreguide constantly. One time it messes up and you rant like someone killed your dog?

10. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Yesterday was a debacle, Sony wouldn't be giving refunds if it wasn't.

11. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I don't care about Sony. I am not using a PS3. The OP wants to tear down a whole infrastructure of interactive usage including the scoreguide because of a one time messup. THAT is whay I am talking about. If the PS3 did not deliver, of course you offer refunds. But the OP wasn't talking about the PS3.

12. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I agree I love these features and as far as slowing things down I agree it does but 1 hit on the active button and 1 hit on exit speeds things up. I wish we didn't have to do this but it is no big deal for me

13. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I definitely don't want them to get rid of the interactive features. Although it would be nice if they had a an option in the setups to turn them off/on, so subscribers could choose.

14. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    If the PS3 didn't deliver? Seriously, may be I'm misreading, but are you trying to spin this to be a PS3 problem? This was far more widespread than the PS3, it affected homes and sports bars. This was a D* problem. Sony offered refunds because D*, the company that provided the content and the infrastructure, didn't deliver.

Go to any NFL dedicated forum, and you will see who is getting the blame.

The interactive features are another great D* idea, but with a slow, clunky, poor quality implementation.

15. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    No, you are misreading what I said. The PS3 didn't deliver at all from what I understand. DVRs didn't have problems and only the Mix channel had problems on he non-DVRs. Not exactly the sky falling.