1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Do I need a DECA adapter for a H23-600?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by danman71, Dec 25, 2012.

1. danman71

danman71 AllStar

Nov 21, 2006
    I called Directv and had them send me a additional receiver (free longtime customer). I told them I had Multi-Room viewing and needed a compatibile model.

They said all their models were new and were compatible. They sent me a refurbished H23-600 without a Deca Home Adapter.

Will this model work for Multi-Room viewing without a Deca Adapter? I thought only the newer H24 models would, but I wasn't sure about the H23?

2. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    According to the Solid Signal website, all receivers except H24, HR24, H25, and HR34 need the external DECA. So they should have sent one.

3. danman71

danman71 AllStar

Nov 21, 2006
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I am going to call them tomorrow and have them either send the DECA or another receiver.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yup. You need a DECA. DirecTV should send you one at no cost. It should have been sent to you with the H23.

- Merg

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    You'll need to call CSR and explain your config [MRV], then ask for the DECA.