1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need a DECA?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cbd1, Jan 28, 2012.

1. cbd1

cbd1 Cool Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Just had an hr34 installed this morning and as it is my only receiver, do I need a deca/cck for anything? The hr34 is connected via ethernet to my netowork, so is there anything i will miss by not having one? Or, is it only needed if i have multiple receivers?

2. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    DECA is used to communicate with additional receivers/DVR's. You're not missing out on anything if you have connected the HMC to your home network via ethernet. FYI -- your HR34 does have an internal DECA.

3. cbd1

cbd1 Cool Member

Sep 6, 2006
    awesome, thank you!

4. BigFoot48

BigFoot48 Mentor

Aug 30, 2007
    The CSR at DTV offered me a free $99 Cinema Connection Kit when I ordered a HR34 today. I, of course, accepted, but in learning more about it, it appears to be unnecessary. Should I call them back, cancel it, and see if they can apply part of that credit to my order instead?

5. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    Do you have wired Ethernet near the HR34 location? If you do, you don't need a CCK. But it's unlikely you'll get a credit for not getting it. Might as well try to peddle it on eBay.