1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Do I need internet connected DVR to watch VOD movies?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by plasmacat, Oct 5, 2013.

1. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    I have a free PPV certificate and I want to use it for a VOD movie but my 622 is not internet connected. Can I get a VOD movie? Thanks for any help.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Well - that depemds - is it one that is listed in the EPG, or are you trying to get something that is NOT listed ?

The EPG listed ones should be on the Hard Drive of your DVR already, so as long as you have either an internet connection OR a phone line connection (to report that you ordered it) - you shouldn't have an issue.

If you're trying to view a movie that is not listed in the EPG - then yes - you're going to need an Ethernet type Internet connection to download the content.

3. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    I do not have an internet or phone line connection.
    When I go to channel(s) 501 in the guide I see a lot of VOD movies listed on those channels. What I want to know is can I order and get those movies?

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I have never done it, but I believe Dish has a way for you to call in and order the PPV movies. It's also how you would have to redeem any PPV coupons.

5. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    My question is still not answered. I know I can get PPV movies - I've done it using the online form. What I want to know is can I get VOD movies without an interent connection to my 622. VOD movies require downloading -don't they???

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Again - are they in the EPG ? - If so - they are already on the Hard Drive. You merely need to contact Dish to view them.

7. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    Yes they are on the channel listings -the guide- on channels 501. So I can just follow the online instructions to order?