1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need new HR20 for DoD or remote schdule?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jcolavin, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcolavin

jcolavin Cool Member

Feb 21, 2007
    I wondering if I need to get a new hr20 to be able to access the upcoming new features? I haven't hooked the hr20 up to my network before. Not sure if I can do it ( I do not have special intel chip in my PC).

Thank you all in advance,
    Joaquin

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    If you have a HR20-700 or -100 networked you will be able to use DoD and remote scheduling. There is no new version of the HR20's.

As of right now neither unit will work with remote scheduling and the HR20-700 is the only one that will work with DoD but it needs software 0x190. The -100 does not have the software for DoD yet.

What kind of PC you have does not matter for either feature. All you need is your HR20 networked with a wired or wireless connection to a home network and have a internet connection.

3. jcolavin

jcolavin Cool Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Where would I find the model number? I have had it for about 9 months so I assume I have the older version. Can I ask for a newer one and is there a way to get it for free? Like say maybe mine isn't working? Can you point to the thread for hooking my hr20 to my wireless network?

Thank for for the tips, I love this forum, it's SWEET!

4. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    As far as checking to see what one you have you can either press and hold the info button on the remote for 3 seconds and the info screen will pop up and tell you there. Or you can flip down the little access card door on the front of the unit and it will tell you there.

If you have had if for 9 months you should have a -700. I don't believe the -100 was out yet. I don't think there is any reason to have the unit swapped unless you are having a problem. At this point the older unit the -700 with 0x190 software is the only one that is ready for DoD. The newer -100 does not have the software update yet and it will probably be at least a few weeks until it gets it.

Do a search for wireless adapter and you will find many threads about setting the HR20 up wireless. You just need to make sure you get a wireless device that has a ethernet connection instead of USB. The HR20 will not work with a wireless USB device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.