1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do It Yourself Network improves to HD Next Month

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by bluegras, Apr 21, 2010.

1. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    News Digest
    DIY Network Improves to HD Next Month
    TVPredictions.com

Washington, D.C. (April 21, 2010) -- DIY Network next month will begin broadcasting in High-Definition.

That's according to an article by Multichannel News.

The home improvement channel will launch a high-def simulcast of its standard-def edition on May 1. Multichannel News reports that the news was revealed yesterday during an advertising presentation in New York by DIY parent Scripps Networks.

Scripps would not say which TV providers would carry the HD version of DIY, but he added that at least "two prominent distributors" would be on board for the launch.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/451715-2010_Cable_Upfronts_DIY_Goes_HD_In_May.php

2. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    That's good to hear.

3. dbconsultant

dbconsultant Hall Of Fame

Sep 13, 2005
    Temecula, CA
    Hope Dish picks them up soon in HD - I find myself watching DIY more often than HGTV.

4. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    I think HGTV has basically become the Real Easate channel, they rarely seem to have any home improvement shows. The one that kills me is the NY real estate show, showing $4 million apts is just insane. I don't need to see how the super rich live every wknd.

5. May 7, 2010 #5 of 12
    festivus

festivus Legend

Nov 9, 2008
    Had this been launched as yet on Dish? I've yet to see it.

6. May 7, 2010 #6 of 12
    Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    No not yet.

7. May 7, 2010 #7 of 12
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Dish currently only carries the SD version of DIY.

8. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    Hard to get excited about this if it's Scripps — that means stretch-o-vision for all the SD programming. :rolleyes:

9. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Most of the shows I have watched on DIY HD, haven't been Stretch-o-Vision at all. A couple but those were some of the really older shows, most of the 2007 and forward episodes, have been HD.
    One of my top 10 channels, and spent years watching the channel in SD, where I would ignore other SD channels, DIY has been a GREAT, addition.

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    DYI HD launched launched last week, and it's great!

11. Hunter844

Hunter844 Legend

Apr 26, 2007
    Didn't watch much of this channel when it was SD...now it's among my top go to's.

I agree about HGTV being a Real Estate channel primarily now. It's still good to learn about the pitfalls of buying and selling but after so long it's just blah. Homes on Homes is by far my favorite though and I get some guilty pleasure from watching Sara's House.

12. david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    This is my favorite channel in SD. After reading this I'm going to have to get my chain saw out so I can get EA!!!