1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you see fearnet hd coming?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by gpollock87, Apr 14, 2011.

1. gpollock87

gpollock87 Legend

Apr 13, 2011
    will we will fearnet hd coming anytime soon? i have never wanted a channel as bad as i do this one, i request it alot on the dish network facebook page

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I'm sure if they offered Dish a really good deal, we'll see it.

Keep in mind that Fearnet is a joint venture between Comcast, Lionsgate Entertainment, and Sony Pictures Entertainment. Lionsgate is contemplating selling its interest. And at the time of the merger Comcast owned 33% of Fearnet while NBCU owned 100% of Chiller which is managed by the same people as Syfy.

What's really weird is that when its launch was announced NBCU said that in addition to NBCU subsidiary's content, Chiller would offer content from others including Lionsgate and Sony.

So now that Comcast owns 33% of Fearnet and 51% of Chiller/Syfy one has to wonder if some changes aren't in the offing.

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Never heard of it.

4. gpollock87

gpollock87 Legend

Apr 13, 2011
    i see what your saying, could be some changes

5. paja

paja Godfather

Oct 22, 2006
    With Comcast I get the whole FEARNET suite of channels including HD. Watched the BLOB(1958) in HD today. Brings back memories of the best channel DISH ever had-MONSTERS HD!

6. gpollock87

gpollock87 Legend

Apr 13, 2011
    you like to rub it in don't you? j/k lol

7. gpollock87

gpollock87 Legend

Apr 13, 2011
    dish answers said on facebook they will be working to get this channel