1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you sub to Sunday Ticket just for the Redzone Channel?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sigma1914, Sep 13, 2009.

Do you sub to Sunday Ticket & SF just for the Redzone Channel?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

15.7%
  3. Did not sub at all.

84.3%
  1. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    With the recent Redzone channel debate, there's been a lot of people saying why pay $xxx.xx for ST & SF when the new Redzone channel is available to Dish & some cable subs?

I theorize most people don't sub to ST & SF for the Redzone channel. So, let's see if you guys/gals do.

2. lovswr

lovswr Godfather

Jan 12, 2004
    Riverview, FL
    I wish you had also asked if D* were to offer just the Red Zone would peeps (like me) subscribe.

3. mishawaka

mishawaka AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    in a heart beat.

zero chance i spend $400 to watch a few more nfl games.

4. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    I've got no problem for paying for the RedZone channel only -- as is the case on Dish Network and Comcrap and elsewhere. But when I mention that, all I hear is carping on how I should want to shell out the extra money for Sunday Ticket/SuperFan. Feh.

5. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    That's not the question, though. I also doubt it will happen, as it would be financially stupid.

6. DBSNewbie

DBSNewbie Icon

Nov 3, 2007
    I don't subscribe to ST/SF just for the RZC, but it is the channel that I mostly watch since it does all the channel flipping for me. I could go an entire Sunday only watching the RZC. It's only when a developing situation seems interesting enough to me, that I go ahead and switch over to the game feed.

7. Littledude

Littledude Legend

Aug 28, 2006
    I still subscribe because everytime I try to quit, D* gives me a deal. I watch my local team on my local channels. When I watch the Sunday Ticket channels, it is almost always on the red zone channel (if not, it is on the second tuner during double play). Looking at the comments on the E* side of things, they seemed to enjoy it as much as I enjoy D*'s version. Since I am not a displaced fan and have, what, 6 games available to me without ST, the Red Zone channel is my money channel. I still subscribe to ST because of the price drop. I do believe that the NFL has definitly undervalued the Sunday Ticket by creating their own Red Zone Channel available to everyone and their mother. Maybe should give D* some kind of compensation, because if what the people on the Dish side are saying is true, they just made it a whole lot easier for some people to jump ship to another provider. D* Red Zone channel rocks.

8. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I voted No, since I only watch games on Superfan or my locals. In fact I never even watch Red Zone, why bother when you can watch a whole freaking game.

9. sgoyal78

sgoyal78 Cool Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I'm a falcons fan but I'm in chicago.. I love the NFLST and Superfan.. If I was in Atlanta. I'd go with Dish Net and NFL REDZONE

10. shing

shing Mentor

Sep 3, 2006
    I've been subscribing to Sunday Ticket since 2000 for one reason only: to ensure I see the Steelers every Sunday. RZC is nice when the Steelers aren't playing on Sunday afternoon but I could live without it.

11. Tallgntlmn

Tallgntlmn Icon

Jun 7, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    This is my first year with SF. I've had ST for going into the 8th season. I tried to cancel this year but they made me a deal that is cheaper than going to a bar every Sunday. So today was the 3rd time I have had the RZC. I like it. It allows me to take a nap and not miss anything. LOL!

I miss the score channel though. That Red Button thing is way too slow to make much use of it for me. Maybe after this weekend, the usual channel 700 will be back. I was missing it today though.

12. REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47 Legend

Sep 2, 2007
    Woodbine,MD
    i voted no,i did take a look at rzc.its ok but i like watching other games too.

13. Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    I sub to ST+SF to watch my teams in HD.

14. scoop8

scoop8 Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    Dallas TX
    I rarely tune to RZ. I have SF mainly for HD games. Been a ST subs since DTV in '99.

I'm also one that was going to cancel ST this year due to the economy but I got one of the price deals so I'm in for one more year.

With the addition of those primetime games, imo, the ST pkg is not the value it was in previous years but I've enjoyed it over the years.

I also miss that "Snap" channel. The "red button" loading was slow today but seemed to load faster during the late games. I have the HR22 box.

15. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I tuned into the Red Zone channel today, just because of all the talk about it. I will watch it from time to time. I prefer the mix channel, so I can do a quick check of several games. Mainly to look for a game that I'm interested in that isn't on a commercial break and then switch it.

16. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    I hope you don't mind, I added one item to the poll. Those who didn't sub at all.

I sub for the Packers. Displaced Fan Syndrome :)

Cheers,
    Tom

17. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    I voted no. We like the NFL but it's not worth the price.We are chiefs fans so we get the Chiefs just about every Sunday anyway.

18. bdowell

bdowell Icon

Mar 4, 2003
    Same boat here. I'm tempted to add an extra FiOS receiver/DVR since I can get RZ from Verizon for $50/season. Even adding the cost of the additional FiOS equip is far, far less than what I'd have to spend to get RZ channel from DirecTV.

No way I pay $400 just to get RZ and honestly, RZ is about the only feature of Sunday Ticket/Super Fan that I'd 'need' or 'want' since I get to see the teams I favor on broadcast channels easily enough.

19. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    No way. It's for the HD games.

20. bcrab

bcrab Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    Couldn't give a Sh*t about it. HD only