1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Doctor Who - Returns

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drucifer, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    [​IMG]

Confirmed for 2013: Cybermen and Stellar Cast

SOURCE

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    It's going to be interesting to see how Jenna-Louise Coleman turns into a companion. Her character is a Dalek!

3. litex2x

litex2x Legend

Sep 8, 2012
    Too long of a wait... I wants it nao!

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    There's an Xmas episode coming to appease at least part of our desires.

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Sounds good. Can't wait.

- Merg

6. frederic1943

frederic1943 Icon

Dec 1, 2006
    Look for the "Doctor Who" Christmas Special on BBCA Tuesday, December 25 at 9:00/8:00c.

DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - US PREMIERE

Following the epic mid-season finale, the Doctor gets in the holiday spirit in the all-new Christmas special written by lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat (Sherlock). Accompanied by his newest companion, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman, the Doctor's latest adventure through space and time sees him once again crossing paths with the homo-reptilian Silurian Madame Vastra (Neve McIntosh) and her cohort Jenny (Catrin Stewart). The Doctor Who Christmas Special premieres December 25, 9:00pm ET. Twitter: #DoctorWho

7. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
  8. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Same here! I've been re-watching the 60's episodes.

9. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sorry, Jenna-Louise Coleman can't hold a candle to Karen Gillan. The show's charm is down about 50% at this point.

10. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    And Karen Giilan can't hold a candle to Billy Piper, yet the show went on. :)

11. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    Billy Piper made a great call girl, but Catherine Tate (actually Donna Noble) was the best companion of the new Doctor Who era. So there. :D

12. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Billy here apparently suggesting the Doctor do something or other. No idea what...
    [​IMG]
    Catherine clearly suggesting we change the channel to protect our eyes,

The #1 job of the Companion is to be young and hot. THEN they can be half-decent Companions or not. River made this crystal clear this season, basically calling the Doctor a borderline pederast: "He likes them very young and pretty, and the moment they show the least little wrinkles around the eyes, he dumps them like THAT!" I judge Early Amy Pond (before her face got all old and puffy from alcoholism) to be #1 (awesome legs), Billy shares the #1 for her consistent scrumptious hotness, and Catherine...I'm sure she's a very nice...person.

13. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    #1 - Billy Piper
    #2 - Michelle Ryan (Only for that one special unfortunately)
    #3 - Freema Agyeman
    #4 - Elizabeth Sladen
    #5 - Karen Gillan

14. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    Thanks for playing, but so sorry, that is incorrect. The number one job of the Doctor's Companion is to ground him, to show him and instill in him a level of humanity and decency, reign in his ego, and check his power.

Besides all that, if there were a contest for hottest companion, it's clearly Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman). :D

15. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I thought Donna annoyed him more than she grounded him though. She annoyed me enough. :lol: