1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DoD and MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mikegold, Aug 16, 2010.

1. mikegold

mikegold AllStar

May 14, 2002
    New Jersey
    Just had my system upgraded to MRV. Two HR20-700's, one H24, and two H21's.

I get the menu option for On Demand on the two DVR's but not on any of the HD receivers. I thought DoD was accessible from all units in the system. Is this wrong?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Once an On Demand is downloaded, it is then viewable from the receivers.
    Since the non DVRs don't have a place to store anything, this has to be first done on the DVR.

3. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    DoD is only available on the DVRs because it is a download and you need to store it somewhere. Once downloaded, you can view it on any receiver.

4. mikegold

mikegold AllStar

May 14, 2002
    New Jersey
    I realize that the shows need to be downloaded to the DVR's. I was under the impression that with the DECA network that all receivers would have access to the DoD menu and even the non-DVR's could select a video and then choose which DVR on which to store it.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    So far the software only allows remote recording from the guide/SAT feed. Whether you're using DECA or ethernet networking isn't the issue.

6. slo_dave

slo_dave Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I was under that impression also.
    Seems like a simple enough fix... pick your DoD program then choose the dvr if multiple exist.

7. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    The receivers were designed long before MRV was available and I'm sure no one thought they would need to access DOD since they have no hard drive. Maybe future models will have that capacity.