1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DoD Best Bandwidth Option

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by hoopsbwc34, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoopsbwc34

hoopsbwc34 Legend

Aug 13, 2002
  2. pprather

pprather Legend

Nov 11, 2006
    wow. Very cool. I can't wait. I wonder how long until it gets to Cincinnati.

3. hoopsbwc34

hoopsbwc34 Legend

Aug 13, 2002
    Just think about combining this with the new Slingbox and Slingcatcher... you can easily stream HD from location to another over the internet!

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Of course, it remains to be seen how fast DIRECTV can stream to us.

5. bafuerst

bafuerst AllStar

Feb 18, 2007
    I don't know about Cincinnati but up here in Lebanon Cincinnati Bell is supposedly installing FIOS in a few new neighborhoods. They bought Lebanon’s telecommunications company a while back and according to the guy who installed my internet last spring they will eventually do the whole area.

6. jabd

jabd AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    I have the FiOS 15/2 connection and the DoD works very well. I can start watching shows almost immediately with out ever catching up to the dl.

Hopefully it will be the same when we get some HD to watch.

7. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I've been using a 6Mbps AT&T DSL (really about 5Mbps) and if I give a SD download a minute to start up I haven't caught up to the end of the buffer yet.

8. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    I'm dying to get this on my FIOS Connection. I have a HTPC At my house and I work in a Data Center during the over night. With this I should be able to watch a DVD from my home network as if I was sitting in my house. Since that is over 700 movies that would be really cool :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.