1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOD listing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by slo_dave, Jul 28, 2010.

1. slo_dave

slo_dave Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Is there a list somewhere with all the channels that are DOD.
    Getting ready for a August 11'th install and was wondering if the major networks have on demand... CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX ?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm sorry, the major networks aren't available on demand. As for a current list, that does seem like a good idea for someone to undertake... ;)

3. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    I had "Primetime On Demand" with Charter before I switched over. Several shows from ABC, NBC and CBS each, maybe Fox, can't recall.

Had to sit through commercials though, FF was disabled. Even worse was that it was the same two commercials each break over and over and over again. And if you missed the last 5 minutes of a show live, you had to start from the beginning with on-demand. Moral of the story, a DVR is best!

4. slo_dave

slo_dave Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Well that sucks.. I bad as I hate Comcast at least they have CBS on demand.
    Has there been any talk of ever adding them?

5. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I will start TLC

6. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    The Networks have their own plans for on demand services, and they involve their own financial gain.

I don't have any idea what kind of contract they have with Comcast or some of the other cable companies, but I suspect when that contract expires they will lose their access to network on demand.

However, most network shows are readily available on line, though you will not have FF and you will have to put up with commercials and probably use a proprietary viewer.

7. slo_dave

slo_dave Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010