1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodger/Prime Ticket HD telecast

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by karrank%, May 19, 2010.

1. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    I don't always get HD feeds of Dodger games over Prime Ticket, and sometimes when I do, it only starts later than a half-hour into the telecast. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this solely a Prime Ticket issue?

Thanks for looking.

2. Rainbird

Rainbird Mentor

Aug 21, 2002
    This happens happens frequently and sometimes with the Angeles on 417. I am only guessing but I think the satellite transponder for PT might be finishing up another broadcast elsewhere that we cannot view. It then joins the Dodger game in progress.

3. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    Noticed it sometimes w/ Angel telecasts too. Dish just refers me to Fox/PT so I chalk it up to the same "logic" that occasionally blacks out SoCal and/or NorCal ballgames out here---they both claim we're in the dma (a paltry 4 hour drive from either stadium)

/end rant

4. rpalumbo

rpalumbo Cool Member

Mar 27, 2008
    I have DirecTV and never experience this issue. Both Angels Live and Dodgers Live pre-game shows are always in HD as well.

5. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    Not much useful info for me there pal.

6. surfmaui03

surfmaui03 Legend

Feb 26, 2005
    Yep. Have seen this quite a few times. A few nights ago, the guide even listed it as JIP (Joined in progress). I've called several times about games not being in HD, etc... and have been told several different answers

7. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    I cannot tell you how many threads on other sites are started by west coast baseball fans who sub to Dish and wonder why their games are not on or are JIPed. Dish is a good provider for many things and is a good option for many subs, but when it comes to sports, particularly baseball, Dish simply sucks.

I have DirecTV and have never once had a Dodgers game not shown in HD or JIPed, as PrimeTicket and FSN West are broadcast in HD 24/7 on Direct (that does not mean that all programming is in HD)

8. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    Actually it is, as it tells you that it is and issue with your provider, not FSNPT or FSNW

9. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    Info I already possess (see post #3) I don't consider useful.

No biggie.

Will probably switch providers when my contract's up.

If I'm still watching television by then.

10. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008