1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dodgers/Diamondbacks blacked out!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dlt4, Sep 18, 2013.

1. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    Why would the Dodgers@Diamondbacks game on ESPN tonight be blacked out here in Florida?

2. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    rays game is still on, check espn2 or wait the Rays game is over

3. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    Why does the Rays game cause the blackout since it's on Sun Sports?

4. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    they don't take away ratings from region sports network

5. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    So ESPN actually monitors the Rays game and won't start the Diamondbacks game until it's over? Learn something every day. Thanks for the info.

6. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    ESPN 2 have the Dodgers - Diamondbacks on until the Rays game is over

7. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I have games on my local RSNs at the same time as different ESPN games all the time. I have 4 "local" MLB teams, and others have more - ESPN family is only blacked out for games involving those 4 teams (Orioles, Nationals, Braves, Reds). The Dodgers/D-Backs have no effect on those teams. Unless the Rays have their own rules, which I doubt. Sounds like an error for Directv.

Disclaimer: Unless ESPN was carrying the Rays game, and it went over, then it would be blacked out in FL and look like the LA/AZ game was blacked out. I don't know because I was watching the Orioles/Red Sox game then The Bridge.... that info isn't clear here.

8. renbutler

renbutler Godfather

Oct 17, 2008
    That is correct. The program guide indicated Dodgers/D-Backs on ESPN, but it was actually the conclusion of TB/TEX.