1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgers Sale Part of DirecTV Bid?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Steve Mehs, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. may sell its Los Angeles Dodgers to raise cash before bidding on DirecTV, The Age publication reported, citing unnamed Wall Street analysts.

In other press reports, a Dodgers spokesman acknowledged that the team could be sold if the right offer surfaced for the team.

"As we've said with previous rumors about our organization being for sale, naturally they would do so, if the right buyer and the right price came along," Derrick Hall, a senior vice president with the team, told the media. "However, there has been absolutely no indication that a sale is imminent."

After EchoStar dropped its bid for its satellite TV rival last month, News Corp. surfaced as the likely buyer for DirecTV. In 2001, EchoStar outbid Murdoch's company for the coveted satellite TV company.

From SkyReport (Used with Permission)

2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't know, I could take years to sell the Dodgers. I doubt that this would be a requirement on New Corps part to buy DirecTV. If they want DirecTV, then they'll buy them whether or not the own the Dodgers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.