1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does adding a second Dish make it more likely to lose the signal?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by IndyMichael, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    This is the second time since we go the 2nd Dish installed, that storms have caused us to lost the signal. Before, when we just had the on dish, we the longest we lost the signal for was about 30 seconds even in storms as bad as the one's we've had lately. I hope it is a coincidence, and not due to the 2nd being installed.

2. Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Only way would be that if they knocked the first dish out of alignment when they installed the second dish. Look at your signal strength to see if it is lower than before.

3. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    Guess it's just the weather then, as the signal strength is the same on the first dish as it was before the 2nd was added.

4. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    FYI ... when I first hooked up with Dish, I lost the signal three times in the first two days, as I was starting to think "uh oh ... big mistake". But as it turns out I just happened to pick a particularly bad weekend (thunderstorm - wise) to install, and since then I lost the signal once or twice in 9 months. So just be aware that rain fade outages may not appear on a regular basis ...

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    "So just be aware that rain fade outages may not appear on a regular basis ..."

Thanks, jr b dmb. That's good to know. It was raining when I got my dish three years ago and I'm still waiting for a picture to appear...

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.