1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have a current spot beam map for the 61.5 sat?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by aaronwt6, May 14, 2009.

1. aaronwt6

aaronwt6 New Member

Feb 25, 2005
    I have searched everywhere for this and have come up empty handed. The cablevision map for the spotbeams on the 61.5 sat does not match up with the beams listed for the local channels now carried.

Here is what I'm trying to figure out. I'll be setting a dish up at my uncles house in northern Michigan this summer. He also has a place in Green Bay, WI about 5 hours away but will be taking a receiver with him when he goes up there. I want to know if he will be able to receive the Green Bay HD channels from the 61.5 in Lanse, MI. Looks like he'll be fine on the SD feeds from the 110 for sure but I'd just assume use the Eastern Arc dish if possible for a 1 dish solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

aaronwt6

2. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Well, 5 hours away, he'll probably be outside the spot.

3. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    I wouldn't put too much face value on the cablevision map. It shows spot beams as circles which they aren't especially as far 'north' as MI. For the 61.5 they would be rather elliptical pointing northwest. It might just be a case of try and see what happens.

4. aaronwt6

aaronwt6 New Member

Feb 25, 2005
    I was afraid someone might say that. Well, the spots on the 61.5 are quite large compared to the newer E10 and Ciel II sats. That spot covers Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Grand Rapids, and Green Bay so maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for the input guys and if anyone up in that area has a solid answer, please chime in.

Oh, and I definately agree with the inaccuracy of the map. I can vouche for it on the spotbeam for Atlanta. Also, it doesn't even show Green Bay being covered by a spot and obviously it is.

Thanks,

aaronwt6

5. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    I've seen detailed spot maps but can't remember if they are for 100/119 or for 61.5. Let me dig some more.

6. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
  7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Yep ... I couldn't find the detailed files from the FCC for Rainbow 1.

Of course, subscribing to locals for a market that you're not in or using your receiver at a service address other than the one you have told DISH about isn't something we talk about here. If it happens to work then it will work, if not ... please don't complain.

8. aaronwt6

aaronwt6 New Member

Feb 25, 2005

Thanks James. I know the out of market locals are not up for discussion. Just that he's got a vacation home and his permanent addy is within the Green Bay market. He just travels up there ocasionally and would like to be able to carry a receiver with him. I'll be sure and let everyone know how it works out. I won't be up there til the end of July. Just trying to get an idea ahead of time.

Thanks again for everyone's input.