1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy A Black HR20?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Scooter22, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooter22

Scooter22 Legend

Jun 22, 2007
    I think the title pretty much sums it up. DirecTv is giving me $150 towards the purchase of second HR20 box. This was part of their bargaining agreement when I spoke with retention, the first was a freebie HR20 and I also got something like $10 off a month for 12 months.

Anyway, I'd love to be able to find a new black HR20 if possible.

Any ideas on a good place to hunt one down?

Thanks.

Scooter :)

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Then only place you may be able to find one is Ebay and you will probably have to over pay for it. Also you have to watch getting receiver's off of there now since the majority of receiver's are leased units and you will probably have a problem getting it activated.

3. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    If you do go the Ebay route plan on having to get a new access from D* (unless it comes w/ a new one). It would take an act of congress to get D* to activate a card from a pervious owners account.

4. Scooter22

Scooter22 Legend

Jun 22, 2007
    Well, that's a bit discouraging to hear. Thankfully my components are inside of a cabinet, but I still like things to match and I also have to look at them from time-to-time. heh Btw, I thought the silver component fad was almost over.

Oh well, I'm not going to cry over this matter. But I'm still up for more ideas where to look. :)

Scooter

5. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    There was only a short production run of the black HR20's btw. There really isn't alot of them out there.

6. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Hopefully someone will have answer for you but I doubt it. I know a lot of members here did a lot of searching and the only place a few people were able to get them from was when DIRECTV had a few and some were able to get the off of Ebay. The problem with the black unit is there was very few ever made and the have stop making them. I believe it has been at least 3 or 4 months since any of them were made.

7. Scooter22

Scooter22 Legend

Jun 22, 2007
    Well, in that case, before I go on a wild goose chase I'll just consider the goose DOA. Silver it is!

Thanks to both of you. :)

Scooter

8. elixir26

elixir26 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    My goose got cooked too. Free and silver beat black and 350.00 on e-bay at the time, any day.

9. cal87

cal87 AllStar

Sep 6, 2006
    There are a couple on ebay right now. I got lucky with mine - a seller who had sold several before with positive feedback on them. But as always, buyer beware. Yes, I did pay more, but I was able to activate it as owned. To me, it was worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.