1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Does Apple AirPlay work with NFL Preseason Live?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by BuffaloDenny, Aug 16, 2013.

1. BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    OK, maybe not a directv programming related question. But with Sunday Ticket I thought I'd ask anyway. Besides, the promo code directv got me a discount!

Anyway, in previous seasons I was able to mirror the preseason games from my iPad to my big screen by using their streaming AirPlay option. However this year the little airplay button is not showing up on my iPad. Is it just my problem, or have they changed policy? I don't want to explore other options of hooking my laptop up to the TV, etc., just wanted to know if AirPlay was deliberately disabled. Thanks.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Comments in the iTunes store and Apple Support Communities suggest that the Airplay option was removed from the app.

Surely the Apple forums are not the last word on the subject but I haven't found any articles that were authored since last season (although one claimed to be from August 13th, it was actually written last year as the comments were 10 months old).

3. CincySaint

CincySaint AllStar

Jan 16, 2008
    From my personal experience during last week's games, mirroring is disabled. Best solution is to use a computer with HDMI output if you have one. That still works via the NFL website.

(And mirroring from iPad worked fine on this package last year.)