1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does DirecTV have too much sports?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Coca Cola Kid, Oct 12, 2009.

Does DirecTV have too much sports?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    Here's a good poll question I thought of.

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    if by to much you meed NFL ST / Mega march madness? as cable has NHL, MLB, NBA.

the other free sports stuff that cable does not have is cool.

3. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    How can you guys say they don't have too much sports? They have every single out of market sports package including 3 that are exclusive, almost every national sports channel, every FSN affiliate and almost every CSN affiliate, almost every independent RSN, the golf, tennis and European soccer packages, every channel between 600 and 799 is sports channel for God's sakes. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??????

4. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    no i mean overall, including out of market packages, national sports channels, RSN's, special packages, etc. Is there too much sports programming on DirecTV?

5. HRJustin

HRJustin Godfather

Mar 5, 2009
    I personally would vote yes directv does have to much sports. But Im not much of a sports fan of any sport for the most part. The only sport I really ever watched was baseball Tigers and they are on my regional FSN network included in my package. I think that if someone has the money and are big fans of all different kinds of sports DirecTV gives the best variety. So IMHO for sports fans DirecTV could never have enough. For non-sports fans like me DirecTV has way to much sports :lol:.

6. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    The only way D* would have too many sports channels is if it limited other content, and at this point I don't think they do.

7. kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    I'm assuming you meant national channels. We still want those Comcast RSNs that aren't uplinked via satellite and Versus. ESPN Alternate and ESPN Gameplan in HD would be nice to have too.

8. ActiveHDdave

ActiveHDdave Godfather

Sep 15, 2007
    No to, too much sports. Yes to, if you are rich and can afford all of the sport packages

9. MrShowtime

MrShowtime Legend

Apr 8, 2009
    How can you have too much sports. Sports are like money, you can never have enough.

10. redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26 Godfather

Dec 6, 2007
    West...
    There is never and never will be enough sports channels!!!:D:D

11. Smthkd

Smthkd Icon

Sep 1, 2004
    I vote for too many PPV channels! :D

12. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    +1 I was thinking the same exact thing!:D

13. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    They need MORE!

I'd love Versus, MSG-HD, CBC and TSN fom Canada.... Sky Sports from Europe too.

Sports is the only reason I subscribe to D*. Haven't watched a movie in a year!

14. ohpuckhead

ohpuckhead Godfather

Dec 15, 2007
    That's just the point. Those of us who are fans of some of those other sports really appreciate the choices and the chance to see sports we love. I believe when cable and satellite first started growing they called it "niche" broadcasting. An example of this would be college hockey. Overall nationally college hockey has almost no following. But a provider like D* gives college hockey fans a chance to actually SEE some games, instead of reading about them.

Does D* have too many home shopping and infomercial channels? Absolutely...but I'll bet you can find people who love them.

I wonder if how many people who think there is too much remember the days of 3 local channels? I remember the excitement when a couple of new UHF stations came on in the late 60's/ early 70's.

Remember when CNN actually did in depth coverage of news? And headline news was exactly that? I digress.

15. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    4-5 when ST + other stuff is on is maybe a little to many cut it down to 2-3 then.

16. Mariah2014

Mariah2014 Breaking the mold

Apr 21, 2006
    Somewhere...
    I suspect the 7 people want more movie channels, shopping channels and arts/craft type channels. The sports channel they want "Bingo TV" I agree this poll is very stupid.

17. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    My grandma would watch that channel.

Maybe I work for DirecTV and I'm doing market research.

18. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    Anythings better than RSNs with blacked out games and 12 hours of infomercials a day

19. Mariah2014

Apr 21, 2006
    Somewhere...
    I doubt it. You probably work for Comcast, dish network or a craft store of some sort.

20. Mariah2014

Apr 21, 2006
    Somewhere...
    I see, you want a 24 hour knitting channel then.