1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Does DISH charge $ for new receivers?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by F1aReD, Jun 13, 2013.

1. F1aReD

F1aReD AllStar

Sep 27, 2011
    Sorry if this has been asked, but I did a search and couldnt find anything, on here and Google.

My question is, If you are an existing Dish customer, and you want to add a receiver or upgrade a current one, do they charge you a one-time fee for the receiver itself? I know they would add on a monthly charge; and potentially an install charge, I'm asking about a one-time fee like Directv does. (I have Directv, and it would cost me $199 for the receiver, an install charge, and an extra monthly charge.)

Just wondering if Dish does the same thing.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I would assume just like DirecTV, it varies from customer to customer

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    yes, now it named initial non-refunding lease fee - they give a privilege to start a lease by that :(

4. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi, I would be happy to help! Fees for upgrading or adding equipment will depend on each individual account. This will also depend on the receiver you are wanting to upgrade to. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.