1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does E* Charge extra for a pole mount?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Stephen J, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen J

Stephen J Legend

Mar 26, 2006
    Does E* Charge more for a pole mount as opposed to mounting to your house? Thanks.

2. army1

army1 Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Mar 22, 2006
    i was quoted 50.00 for a pole mount.:lol:

3. larrysano

larrysano Mentor

Oct 13, 2006
    Really? I've had 3 different dishes installed on poles, and I never heard anything about an extra charge. When I got my superdish a couple years ago, the guy had to replace the original pole and pour concrete and everything. I recently got a Dish 1000 and for some reason the guy made the pole a little taller. Anyway, I'd question the installer on that one. Or maybe I've just gotten lucky :D

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    A lot of charges are up to the installer. Some eat charges to make happy customers - others can't eat the charges because they are not making enough on the install.

5. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Pole mount. Sounds painful. Like the Pole Sitter in NASCAR. Ouch.

6. btbrossard

btbrossard Mentor/Supporter

Oct 4, 2002
    We were not charged for our pole mount. However, the installer did such a crappy job that it fell over within 6 months.

The pole was less than 1 foot into the ground and less than 3 inches of cement was used.

You get what you pay for...

7. larrysano

larrysano Mentor

Oct 13, 2006
    Not really. I didn't pay anything, and the installer I had a couple years ago did an excellent job. I think it depends more on a) getting an installer who knows what he/she is doing, and b) cares enough to apply that knowledge correctly. I guess that goes for just about every step of a dish install.

Like James Long said, whether to charge and how much is probably up to each individual installer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.