1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does E* have retention department?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ecgz88, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecgz88

ecgz88 Cool Member

Sep 25, 2007
    There's a long thread in D* Forum talking about different retention deals :)

Just Curious does E* have retention department? :D and what kind of deal people get compare to new customer?

according reply looks like Dish have better renew offer than Directv

2. bairdjc

bairdjc Legend

Sep 22, 2005
    well they definitely do...

3. edeclark2

edeclark2 New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    They do have a retention department. A couple of months ago there was a lightning storm that blew out a 6000 receiver and when I called the normal customer service they told me that they would be willing to send a new smartcard to use with an old unused reciever I had (before the card swap) but they wanted something like $50 or $100. I said screw it just disconnect everything. I was forwarded to another department and the next thing you know they were throwing deals at me left & right including a free low-end receiver with installation & system check (to make sure it wasn't the dish that took the lightning strike) and monthly credits and free premiums. They can be quite persuasive when there is a chance of losing a 10+ year customer. I was serious though when I said I wanted to disconnect. I really didn't watch TV enough to make the additional investment for the smartcard replacement. I have enough DVDs to keep me entertained.

4. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    Sure do. Gave me 6 months HD free, free 622, and free re-install after being a customer for 10 years. This was before Dish was offering all of the free HD deals to new customers.

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    And DISH will also let you cancel without a retention attempt then call you 2 weeks later to try and save you as a customer after you have already switched.

6. mhowie

mhowie Legend

Sep 30, 2006
    Genius.

7. wje

wje Godfather

Mar 8, 2006
    New England
    Sometimes I think E* and D* are really the same company. When I left D*, they did exactly the same thing. I still get about one letter a week begging me to come back. It gets annoying after a while.

8. braven

braven Hall Of Fame

Apr 9, 2007

Yep, that happened when we left 'em several years ago. :lol:

9. ecgz88

ecgz88 Cool Member

Sep 25, 2007
    send you letter it's automatically done by computer, and normally should have a follow up call-back done by loyalty department...........:)

10. Taco Lover

Taco Lover Icon

Jan 8, 2007
    I get calls almost every other week from DirecTV. I've been with Dish since May 2007, and they can't get it stuck in their head that I am with Dish and under an agreement. I think next time they call, I'll tell them to put me on the Do Not Call list.

...unless they give me enough of a free deal, plus pay my ETF. ;)

11. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I guess it depends on how long you have been with them and how well you paid your bill. Charlie himself has said on a few chats that they do not offer deals to keep current customers. But hey anything is possible right.

12. MikeRobertson

MikeRobertson New Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Richland, WA
    And whatever you do, don't dispute a credit card charge. I am locked out, service cut off. I've always paid my bill (it's on autopay), however, I disputed a $199 charge to change out my older second DVR for a 722. They never showed up for the install. I tried for a month to get it resolved. I finally gave up.

Is it possible to talk to a live person? Apparently, not when they claim you owe them money. In my case, $199 for a 722 they never delivered. So as to the question about E* having a rention department, not that I can see. I've been paying $132 a month and been a customer for 9 years. That doesn't seem to matter. I've sent an email to E*, but based on my previous experiences, I don't see much happening.

13. jrb531

jrb531 Icon

May 28, 2004
    Companies really freak when you do this. Something about how it goes on their credit record as a chargeback.

I hope you can fix this. This is no way to treat a loyal customer when "they" were in the wrong. I almost did the same thing a few months ago when they double charged me when I updated my credit cards exp date. CSR's told me that they could not refund my money and I would have to settle for a credit.

It' took some doing but I got the credit but I was this close :)

-JB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.