1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Does GenieGo support multiple devices/apps

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jeffcarp, Jun 11, 2013.

1. jeffcarp

jeffcarp AllStar

Oct 20, 2002
    Are you permitted to use multiple smartphones with a single GenieGo? I'd want to be able to transfer programs that I, my wife and my kids are interested in to our respective devices, not every program to one device. Can I do this or is it just one GenieGo to one device app that is allowed?

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I believe the limit is 5 devices.

3. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    Yes, the limit is 5 registered devices. I currently have my iPad, my PC, my Android phone, my spouses's PC and my son's Macbook registered.

Each device is registered the first time you connect to the GenieGo with it. When you reach 6 devices, you are prompted to replace one of the existing 5.

4. dconfer

dconfer Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    Is there a way to see all the devices that are registered?

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    When you try and register your sixth device you'll get a list of the five currently registered.

6. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    You can see all the registered devices under "Equipment" on directv.com. Scroll down to the "Accessories" section and click on "My Accessories". This will list the GenieGo and all registered devices. It doesn't show the "Friendly Names" so it takes a little detective work to figure out which is which.

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Not a very accurate listing though. My Accessories lists seven active clients.

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Not a very accurate listing though. My Accessories lists seven active clients.

Right on, I have had the same experience

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app