1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Does Hopper 2 have channel memory issue?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by saberfly, Jun 14, 2013.

1. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Does anyone know if the Hopper 2 has the favorites list memory issue where it forgets channels randomly? Ive about had it with mine dropping channels off of my favorites list. I cant beleive they cant fix this stupid issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Does anyone know if the Hopper 2 has the favorites list memory issue where it forgets channels randomly? Ive about had it with mine dropping channels off of my favorites list. I cant beleive they cant fix this stupid issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using DBSTalk mobile app

Now for an actual helpful answer... Unfortunately, Hopper w/Sling also suffers from the favorites list glitch.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using DBSTalk mobile app

1 person likes this.
  3. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    Thank you P Smith.
    I happen to agree with you. Those damn Sent by lines drive me crazy and are totally unnecessary. Go brag to your kid brother that you have an Iphone or Samsung or whatever and make us all happy.

4. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    It's a default function on the new mobile app.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    then turn it off, what's the deal ?

PS. Its make laugh each time when I saw a person wearing sunglasses and half of his vision blocked by big label (oh yah ! gucchi :) ); looks the same level of &^%*^ we see here :D

6. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    I have both Hoppers and do not have an issue. I know that other do, make sure that you have more than a few channels in your favorites. I have like 4 favorite lists.

7. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    I have both Hoppers and do not have an issue. I know that other do, make sure that you have more than a few channels in your favorites. I have like 4 favorite lists.

I think the problem arises most when you add a lot of channels.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using DBSTalk mobile app

8. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I have 1 list of favorites and 1 with movie channels. Thats all I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

9. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Are those missing channels just missing from the list when you pull the guide up? Are those channels still displayed and check marked if you go to that favorites list in the favorites list menu and choose edit?

10. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    No it unchecks them. If I add one, 26, it will not even remember it at all. I have to add 2 or subtract one then add one before 26 will stay. After a few hours its gone again and I start over.

11. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Is that still happening now and what software version is on your box?

12. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I have s246 on hopper. I just added 2 channels that have been gone for weeks. I will update this post later with results.

13. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Cool thanks

14. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    So far so good.

15. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Lost 26 last night. Had to add 2 then delete one. Dont get why this cant be fixed.

16. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]When the channels are missing from your favorites list, please add them back and check to make sure they are staying in. We are working on a better resolve for this issue.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]