1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Hr20-700 Have To Have 2cables?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by johnchart, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnchart

johnchart Legend

Sep 17, 2006
    I am swapping out my old 10-250 for a HR20-700 for no charge at DirecTV. Thinking of moving my older HR20-700 which has a couple of bugs (HDMI not working & season pass problems) to a bedroom where it is little used (once a month if at all) and only has one satellite cable input.

Does it have to have 2 cable inputs if I don't need HD or local channels? Would be a major rewiring product if so I would not do it.

Thanks.

John in very wet & flooded eastern Iowa. (No problems my self, thank God!)

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    You can hook it up with 1 input, you just won't be able to record two things at once or record something and watch something else live.

3. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    It will work fine with 1 cable and you will recieve all programming that you would with 2 cables. The only difference is that only one tuner will be active and you can't record 2 programs at one time or watch one program while recording another.

4. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Some have reported (myself included) that they needed to at least connect the BBC to the second input in order for the receiver to realize that it didn't have both cables connected. I don't understand it myself, but it did work.

5. johnchart

johnchart Legend

Sep 17, 2006
    Thanks guys. It was on these forums I first discovered that DirecTV was doing the free swapping thing!

John in wet and flooded Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.