1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Does HR44 always require reboot after loss of satellite signal?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by docj, Oct 21, 2013.

1. docj

docj New Member

Oct 21, 2013
    My HR44-500 is installed on a motorhome along with a Winegard Trav'ler automatic acquisition dish. The system was installed a week ago. Today, because I had moved the motorhome slightly while working on it, I had the Winegard reacquire the satellites. The antenna takes 2-4 minutes to park and reacquire.

I didn't think anything about it until a couple of hours later when I tried to watch TV and found nothing working. I did a reboot of the Genie and everything came back up just fine. My question relates to the fact that the HR22 that the Genie replaced used to be able to have the antenna stored while we traveled and then redeployed without a need for a reboot. Is there something about the Genie that makes the reboot a necessity? Because the reboot time is so much shorter this isn't a big deal, but I thought it was worth asking.

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Sometimes just going into the signal meter will get it going again without a reset. You could also repeat satellite setup which would be faster than a complete reset.