1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Does is this work?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by Movieman, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
  2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    It should. Just remember that is for splitting a source for multiple outputs, such as feeding multiple TV's from on receiver. Also, remember that anytime you split a signal, it can cause a degradation in the signal, although it is not always noticeable.

- Merg

3. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Would the degradation be noticeable if im only using one device at a time? Since my tv only have 2 HDMI inputs was going to use this to turn 2 inputs into 4. I love my Directv PQ so dont want to loose any of it.

4. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
  5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yes, the degradation would occur whether or not you are using the inputs at the same time or not. However, as I stated, any degradation would probably be so minimal that it would not be noticed.

- Merg

6. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Personally,I'd go with a switch as well. Monoprice has a wide variety at quite reasonable prices.