1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does NFL Network seem over compressed?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ClubSteeler, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Godfather

Sep 27, 2005
    I was pretty unhappy with the PQ of the Steelers-Cards game. I seem to remember it being better last year, but maybe NFL Sunday Ticket is less compressed than NFL Network. Or maybe since my cable company went all digital I have been spoiled. Not sure. However, when the camera pans out and shows the whole O & D lineups, it was very "blocky" and hard to watch.

I hope NFLST, being such an expensive premium, uses much less compression than NFL Network. I was fairly happy with the PQ of NFLST last season.

2. White_Horse

White_Horse Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    My husband and I noticed the same problem with one of the other games...we don't remember which network it was..maybe ABC...but we noticed this blocky-ness of the wide angle shots in HD and SD. I didn't watch the game on ESPN the other night, but my husband said that it didn't have that issue.

3. telecaster

telecaster Cool Member

May 23, 2005
    Yea.
    I have noticed that ESPn games usually look very good in SD
    no HD here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.