1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Solid Signal sell DTV service?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by gss1537, Aug 23, 2010.

1. gss1537

gss1537 Mentor

Aug 23, 2010
    I've read the post and decided to make switch from Dish. I had two attempted installs from DirecTv and both times the installer came with HR-20's. No sense in switching to older technology so I came across Solid Signal.

Has anyone tried setting up a DirecTv new customer account thru Solid Signal and still received all the promotions?

thanks
    greg

2. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Solid Signal is not a service provider. They only sell hardware.

You might check out a local dealer of satellite services. That's what I did when I got involved with leased equipment 3 years ago. I did have to pay more for the install - it was no longer free - but they matched DirecTV's offer on the hardware.

You may have an additional problem. When I called my local dealer back when, the first question they asked me was if I had already set up an appointment with DirecTV. I hadn't. They said good; we can do business together. I understood if DirecTV viewed me as a customer, the local dealer couldn't get involved. You may run into that difficulty.

And welcome to DBSTalk. :)

3. SolidSignal

SolidSignal Cool Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Yes we are. Solid Signal is a retailer for Commercial and Residential DIRECTV. We can also provide you with the same promotions you can get from any DIRECTV Dealer.

Please call us if you questions regarding setting a up a new account:
    1-877-312-4547

4. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
  5. gss1537

gss1537 Mentor

Aug 23, 2010
    I'm waiting on Solid Signal to set up an install for me as they had to find someone in my local area. I will keep everyone posted how my experience goes but would be worth it if I get the HR24's at reduced prices.

6. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes, please keep us posted, as there are a LOT of people wanting to know how to get installed with guaranteed Hx24 equipment. This would be a no-brainer if they can offer the same promotions as DirecTv and provide the guaranteed equipment to boot.

7. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Agreed. This could be a game changer, although it would only be for new customers. I believe existing ones couldn't take advantage of Solid Signal beyond hardware sales, although I've already been proven wrong once in this thread.

8. gss1537

gss1537 Mentor

Aug 23, 2010
    Since I haven't read much about Solid Signal being a retailer for DTV I was a little leery but we have already decided to keep Dish if this doesn't work. It sounded good on phone but since I can't see the prices and cart I will make sure they can e-mail me something.

I probably should give them the phone number to the Tech that first came out 2 weeks ago as he apologized to me for not having HR24's but seemed more than capable to perform the install for me.

I've got easy drops and he said it would be an easy install but he just said that his company wasn't getting HR24's sent to them from DTV.

9. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    You also have time on your side. Three months ago, DirecTV was planning on using only HR24s and H24s for all new Whole House DVR installs. Then the shortage hit and they've been using anything they can get their hands on. Now with three manufacturers building both units, in a few more months DirecTV will get caught up on the backlog and will certainly return to their original plan.

In other words, if Solid Signal doesn't work out for you now (and I hope they do), wait a few months.

10. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I don't know one way or the other but what is the chance Solid Signal will subcontract to a local install company and not be able to control the model of receiver the customer gets?

Surely Solid Signal does not have their own techs covering the country?

11. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Can't help but think they would be the ones to make the "fulfillment" model work. They control vast inventory in many related industries. They can ship what they have in stock. Then the installer they designate arrives to install what has been shipped.

Directv kicked most of the fulfillment companies under the bus as they introduced their own Master Service Provider (MSP) system.

Joe

12. SolidSignal

SolidSignal Cool Member

Oct 2, 2007
    If you folks are looking for a guarantee that H24's or HR24's will be installed in your house, we can do it.

Our local installation team covers Michigan, and parts of Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois. If your beyond this area, we may have to contract out the install but we can still GUARANTEE you get H24 or HR24s installed.

Please call us at 1-877-312-4547, You can ask for Mae, Audrey or Mike M.
    OR simply e-mail us at info@solidsignal.com

13. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    SolidSignal is a good retailer. I've ordered FTA parts from them in the past. Quick service.

14. Eskimo

Eskimo AllStar

Aug 2, 2010
    Damn.. I wish I knew about this when i called and put in my order "directly" with D*.

The impression I got from the board was that if I bought the equipment from SolidSignal, that I'd be losing out on the free HD DVR and free HD receiver... and now that's not the case. I guess if they postpone my install, I'll just cancel and order through SS?

15. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Yeah, +1 on the wishing...

16. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    This is great information for the future, thanks.

17. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Can the $10 off/10 mth refer a friend credit be used as well through you? If so, I'll refer anyone I know looking to sign up to you instead of going directly through Direct TV! Most people want the 24's when they sign up new and if you can guarantee them that will be the best option.

Thanks

18. gss1537

gss1537 Mentor

Aug 23, 2010
    I'm still waiting on a call back to get set up so it isn't going as smoothly as I hoped. I was originally told that Solid Signal could get me the $10 referral but until I get my call back to set up an install, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

19. SolidSignal

SolidSignal Cool Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Yes we honor the refer a friend promotion.

It looks like you have been setup. If you have any other questions please let us know.

20. gss1537

gss1537 Mentor

Aug 23, 2010
    I did get set up and the referral fee does work. I already got tracking numbers for my equipment and should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The issue Solid Signal had with me is they did not have an installer in the Houston, TX area. They are working on getting the contact I gave them set up for an install and I should be good to go.

Just an advance warning, the credit card is billed for the total amount of the equipment and then credited back once service is set up. This covers them since the equipment is being shipped direct to me.

So in a nutshell, Solid Signal can set up new customers with the same specials DirecTv offers.