1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Does SWM-16 legacy port pass DECA?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by djstough, May 27, 2012.

1. djstough

djstough AllStar

Nov 26, 2006
    I currently have 6 HR-2x and one HR-34, which is a total of 17 tuners. I have had it set so that one receiver had one one tuner enabled. But in the past few days, we keep getting 771b errors on the HR-34. It appears that somewhere along the line, I have now lost the ability to completely disable that second tuner, perhaps through a recent firmware change?

So, I was considering moving that receiver to the legacy port on my SWM-16. But will that pass DECA?

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    No the legacy port will not pass Deca, you would have to use the Ethernet port to connect it to your network. You would also need to use BBC's.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I don't think so.

Do you really need that many DVRs?

Couldn't you replace at least one HR with an H to reduce your tuner count?

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    First, you made one of the hr2xs use only one tuner not the hr34, right?

Second, and this may seem silly, but did you verify that the unit you made to use one tuner was on the same leg as the hr34?

I was able to do just what you are describing a month or two ago.

I'd say if you have to, run one of your hrs via legacy outputs and plug it into your home network on its own, assuming you have a deca bridge in your system, it should work just fine that way.

5. djstough

djstough AllStar

Nov 26, 2006
    Thanks for the replies. I connected it to a legacy port, along with a BBC and a network connection. It works perfectly.

And yes, I really do need all of those DVRs, thank you!