1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins in SD again this week.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Crypter, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 6, 2007 #1 of 52
    Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    I think it's ridiculous that they basically stopped airing the Dolphins in HD on D*. I don't care how bad they are I still want to be able to see my hometown team in HD. Is there anything we can do to change this?

I mean what course of action would you pursue if your hometown team has been screwed. as far as HD goes, for about half of their schedule.

2. Dec 6, 2007 #2 of 52
    Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    I know it sucks but there's really not a lot you can do. At least for this season, there just aren't enough HD Broadcast equipment packages out there committed by the networks to the games, so unfortunately at least for now, the least important game to the NFL and the network is gonna be the one to go.

3. Dec 6, 2007 #3 of 52
    rynberg

rynberg Legend

Oct 6, 2006
    This has nothing to do with D*. CBS is not covering the game in HD, period. They only have so many feeds possible and an 0-12 team is going to get the boot over games with playoff implications. Next year, ALL NFL games will be in HD.

4. Dec 6, 2007 #4 of 52
    Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Yea everyone always says it is not D* fault. Yet every Dolphin game has been in HD this year whether D* aired it or not. So why would this be the FIRST week CBS decides not to shoot the game in HD?

Last week you could see the game on CBS NY if you get channel 80 through DNS yet D* did not carry it in HD on ST.

5. Dec 6, 2007 #5 of 52
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Not every Dolphins game has been in HD, sorry. I can get all the games broadcast OTA, no D* involved at all. Sadly HD won't help them much this year and I am a Fins fan.

6. Dec 6, 2007 #6 of 52
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Just double checked, our affiliate here is not using HD equipment this weekend either, go figure.

7. Dec 6, 2007 #7 of 52
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Other then wait till next season...
    Not much you can do about it.

The technical limitation in the bandwith exsists...
    Can't change it until either some of the MPEG-2 switch to MPEG-4..

Or another 6-8 channels (or one HD one), is shutdown for the time period.

8. Dec 6, 2007 #8 of 52
    hengnv

hengnv Legend

Sep 23, 2007
    I think you will get to see one more Dolphins game in HD this year... when they play New England.

9. Dec 6, 2007 #9 of 52
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Blame CBS this week, here's their HD games:

NFL San Diego Chargers vs Tennessee Titans - 1:00 PM CBS (1080i)
    NFL Oakland Raiders vs Green Bay Packers - 1:00 PM CBS (1080i)
    NFL Cleveland Browns vs New York Jets - 4:15 PM CBS (1080i)
    NFL Kansas City vs Denver Broncos - 4:15 PM CBS (1080i)
    NFL Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots - 4:15 PM CBS (1080i)

Source: http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

10. ke3ju

ke3ju Legend

Aug 18, 2006
    Stroudsburg,...
    What' worse is that I spent the money on the ST, and SF to watch NE, and only needed it for one NE game this year so far...DOH!!!

Ed

11. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    The game is only being shown in part of Florida and Buffalo market. CBS is not providing this game in HD. The small viewing area for this game makes it the perfect candidate for the non HD CBS game.

12. kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    Where is it that shows that all games next year will be televised in HD? I expect more games to be HD than this year, but not all games. I heard that it will be in 2 years. I would guess that the Dolphins game vs the Pats would be in HD.

13. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    The NFL Contract with each and every network requires that all games by in HD for the 2009 season. Hopefully, the 2008 season will be more HD than this year.

14. lflorack

lflorack Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    Just because it's shot and broadcast in some markets in HD does not make it D*'s fault that it's not on NFLST. It can also mean that there are only so many HD uplinks provided by the network.

15. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Wow - we really have no reason to complain here - at least to D*. This week is CBS's fault, and who can blame them? Going to Miami, where nobody goes to the games, and to Buffalo, the 2nd smallest NFL DMA.

It's all about money.

16. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Strangely enough, during this bad season, the turn out at games is quite good. Granted, with the shrinking base of American fans, Miami/Dade County is a tough sports market. Makes it harder when the Englsh speaking populace is becoming the minority.

17. AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    It irks me as well that three of Miami's HD games have been snubbed by DirecTV this year. I bought Superfan solely for the purpose of watching Miami in HD. CBS by and large did their part this year (this week is the exception, but you can't blame them; 0-12 is 0-12). DirecTV is to blame for a change (compared to years past) and I let them know. I've complained a couple times this year about this. Of course, I get the standard response of "we can only carry so many games," but at least I made myself heard.

18. ddpoohndave

ddpoohndave AllStar

Sep 17, 2007
    Contact CBS. They are the reason. Pisses me off too because I cant watch my Bills SQUISH the FISH!!

19. ddpoohndave

ddpoohndave AllStar

Sep 17, 2007
    Alan it is not Direct TVs fault bro. CBS picks the games not Direct TV. CBS picks what game to put there 5 games worth of HD camera at. Complain to CBS

20. Wrister17

Wrister17 AllStar

Jul 23, 2007
    Check out hdsportsguide.com

they have all the listings of every major sport being shown in HD and on what channel. Dolphins/Bills is not being broadcast in HD by CBS, therefore it is impossible for DirectTV to show the game in HD via NFLST. If its not in HD to begin with, DirectTV cant magically show the game in HD. Last year every sunday there were about 3 games that were not shown in HD on CBS. This year that number has gone down to about 1 or 2 games per sunday. Next year, that number will probably be reduced down to 0 or 1 game not shown in HD. An 0-12 team will probably get the non-HD game almost every week due to ratings and of course $$$. hope this helps. later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.