1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DP Guide Download Time

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by -, Feb 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

I ahve been hearing confliciting stories on when the guide downloads. I realize it may vary by time zone and other variables.

I live in the Eastern time Zone and get it at 3 AM. Any other reports?

BTW this is just curiosity.

2. Guest

Mine always comes down at 3AM in the central time zone. I do have a theory though. All night long every hour, the hard drives on both of my DP's spin up and then spin right back down again. It's as if Dish is checking to see if a current guide is on the hard drive. If it's before 3AM, it waites until 3AM to download. If it's after 3AM, it reads a current guide and does not download. If this is the case, then everyone should be getting their guide at 3AM no matter which time zone they are in.

Just my theory though.

3. Guest

Assuming your system is working, it will download at 3AM in the time zone your service address is (this will usually be your house, and therefore, your time zone)

4. Guest

Thanks some people in certain time zones claim it happens at other times

5. Guest

Are they by any chance lying about their service address to get locals from another town?

6. Guest

Could be Mr. Bear. But some claim that in the Pacific zone in particular it happens at 2 AM. I do not know. Just curious.

7. Guest

I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and once daylight savings time ended it changed from 3 AM to 2 AM, which is annoying as I'm often still up at 2, but often asleep by 3 AM.

8. Guest

OK So 3 Am everywhere but in the west right?

9. Guest

I live in the west, Wa., and I get
    the TV guide at various times.
    Sometimes after 1, 2am and 3am.
    Never know when to expect it, real
    bummer!!!! Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.