1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop Ship Order- HR34 or HR 44?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DefinitelyIan, Aug 22, 2013.

1. DefinitelyIan

DefinitelyIan New Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Called in last night to see what options I had available since my contract expired back in April. The retention rep offered me a free Genie and some service discounts for renewing. Since I live in an MDU, they said they will drop ship the Genie to me and no installer visit is required.

So what do you think my chances are of getting an HR44? I'm in Atlanta.

2. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Slim to none.

DirecTV seems to be sending all the HR44s to installers for new customers or upgrades. Drop ship receivers seem to all be new HR34s or refurbed HR34s from everyone I know and have seem post on here.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yup, agree

4. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Since you are in an MDU I assume you have a shared dish. do you have enough tuners available? what other equipment do you have ?

5. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Activating a Genie on an MDU account might be problematic. As peds48 notes, available tuners could be a factor. But also your MDU system manager/contract could preclude doing so. You should check before activating it.

6. DefinitelyIan

DefinitelyIan New Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Much to my surprise, an HR44 showed up on my doorstep today.

Jackpot!