1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Drop TotalChoice to FamilyChoice after football season?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jym, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jym

jym Mentor

Aug 15, 2006
    I am thinking about signing up for Sunday Ticket and DirecTV. Somehwhere I read on a forum that you can drop TotalChoice after the free period to FamilyChoice, $29.99 a month. But I can not find it.

I will be getting hardware and it seems all of the hardware requirements are keeping a $29.99 or higher package. I can't find where it specifies that you have to keep TotalChoice.

I have read many, many posts here that it is a rip off that DirecTV requires you to have TotalChoice. But I question if this is really true.

Can anyone shed some light.

Thanks!

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    You should be just fine doing so. As long as you keep one of the so called base packages which Family Choice now is. They would allow you to do that.

3. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Godfather

Sep 27, 2005
    Just suspend you account after football season and turn it back on next season. Once your 1 or 2 years terms are up, you can cancel Total Choice and keep NFLST. UNtiul then though, during the season, you'll be paying for Total Choice (unfairly in my opinion, but you play by their rules if they're the only game in town)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.