1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropping SD Distant Networks Worth the Call

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Ruffread, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Ruffread

Ruffread Godfather

Nov 4, 2004
    Vista, CA
    I live on the West coast, and in an effort to cut some costs, I called Directv to cancel my east coast distant networks for which they have been charging me $2.99 per month each. I also dropped HBO, which I find I'm not watching enough to justify the $12.00 per month. I mentioned to the CS girl that times are tough, and I'm trying to cut expenses. Well, she responded that she could help me out some more since I have been such a good customer by taking another $10.00 a month off my monthly bill for 12 months. So this call today will save me $33.96 per month for the next 12 months. It was worth the call.

2. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Try $35.96, Ruff... HBO has been $14 a month since February.

3. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Even better!

4. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I wish i had been as lucky as you,i just cancelled nba league pass after 14 years and they didnt offer me anything,oh well maybe next year things will get better. Its really hard for me to drop the nba league pass as that was the main reason i got directv in the first place.

5. Ruffread

Ruffread Godfather

Nov 4, 2004
    Vista, CA
    Newshawk, I have been paying $24.00 per month for HBO and STARZ, so I figured dropping one would be $12.00. I'll see when the bill comes, although the first one will be a partial. But, I'll take back all I can get.

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    They give a multi-multiplex bundle discount so dropping one multiplex raises the price of the remaining multiplex(es).