1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DTV Apps - Netflix?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by 1953, Jun 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    I thought Netflix was an app available for DTV Apps. Was Netflix ever an available App?

2. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Of course not.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Netflix competes with DirecTV by providing movies online. I don't think you'll ever see a Netflix "app" on the DirecTV boxes.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I for one am glad it isn't. Why? Because it would probably have a clunky interface like YouTube has. Yeah, I know that YouTube isn't really a TV app as it is part of the Search function, but you get the idea.

I use either my Samsung TV or WDTV Plus unit for Netflix.

5. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Not my best post.:sure:

6. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    There have been many worse posts.

7. liquidctv

liquidctv Legend

Oct 13, 2010
    >Because it would probably have a clunky interface like YouTube has.

I have TivoHD next to my computer. I prefer Netflix on Tivo because it's so easy to click on it. Netflix shows you the queue, and you just select what to watch.

Meanwhile, I have YouTube as well, and I've barely used it, because of the interface. Who needs to search via the remote, when you can type on your computer?

Not really the same thing, searching vs. selecting.