1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV Cinema Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dminches, Feb 25, 2013.

1. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    Twice in the past 2 weeks I have ordered a movie on line but when I go to watch it on my TV it says I have to call DTV to order. When I have called a CSR to discuss it they do something on their end and now I can watch. My guess is that they are reauthorizing my DVRS.

Should I have to do this? Is the issue that I am not allowing enough time between ordering and watching (usually 5-10 minutes)?

For those who use this service, how do you order and watch?

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Are your Receivers connected to the internet? Or a Phone line?

have you run a system test from the menu using the remote? what if any codes do you get?

have you tried ordering the movie from the D* web site? That way you can view it on any receiver on your account.

3. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    All my receivers are connected to the internet. The DVRs are all working well. No error codes come up when I run a system test.

I am ordering from the D* web site. And eventually I am able to watch. The issue is that I have to call them to get it to work even though I have ordered on line.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    What is the error code that you get on the receivers when you order online?

5. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    That I don't recall. It just says to send a text or call DTV to authorize. Basically, it is telling me that I have to order the movie to watch it even though I have already ordered on line.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    CALL again and SAY THIS "IPPV is not enable on your account. you need to call DTV to have them turn on IPPV (Impulse Pay Per View), so that you ca order movies with your remote. "

KEY WORD-- Impulse Pay Per View activated.

7. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    Thanks