1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV expanding/powering up 103 spotbeams

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gregftlaud, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    As I stated in an earlier post i noticed my signal strengths on the 103 sat jumped from 70's to the upper 90's within the last few days. i went from getting 3 transponders to 6 now. (i get my hd locals from sat 99 as u all know by now)

I called directv out of boredom tonite and got an explanation from a very nice and intelligent lead tech. She told me the reason for the sudden rise on my 103 sat readings and expansion of the number of transponders i can get on it is because dtv is expanding the spotbeams on the 103 and powering it up getting ready for the new sat that will be put/added to that slot. looks like they plan on getting things up and running fast in terms of adding channels if they are already preparing even before the new sat has been launched.

greg

2. admiral39

admiral39 Legend

Nov 6, 2006
    Ahhh. Good to hear! It sounds like they are being very pro-active in working toward getting the new channels up and running. Maybe we can get some new HD love before the September target dates ;)

All I have to say is..."Fly D10...Fly!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.