1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV Installation pay

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by iflypiper, Dec 8, 2010.

1. iflypiper

iflypiper New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I work for a DTV sub-contractor and am interested what other installers get paid per line item.

On new and former installs I get paid...
    $50 for 18" or 18x20 ODU plus first receiver $60 for slimline and first receiver
    $20 for second receiver and $15 for each addtional receiver or broadband deca.

On upgrades I get paid...
    $15 to drive to customers house.
    $0 on a swap replace
    $15 for swap relocate
    $10 for ODU upgrade
    $15 for each new receiver added
    $8 for second line installed for non-swm dvr's

On my upgrade work orders there is a seperate misc labor line for KAKU lnb. I dont get paid anything for that...does anyone else?

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Moved to DIRECTV Installation Forum.

3. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Move up the food chain....I bet you have at least two other offices taking a slice before you get the jobs. Also, does your subcontractor have a history of paying his invoices? I got off the bus because the upgrades were actually reinstallations.

Everything in your list is too low to travel very far and you need several close jobs each day to continue. Are you providing cable & fittings, insurance and a vehicle with those prices?

How about right of repair? If something goes wrong with one of your jobs goes how do you hear about it?

Joe

4. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    That's about right for an HSP. If you are paying out of pocket for equipment like connectors/cables/small parts/gas then you are getting ripped.

We have all that provided for us.

5. pressureman0

pressureman0 AllStar

Jan 3, 2009
    run away i'm getting 80/15 ka/ku market s/c 35
    up 30 and up run forest run

6. MrShowtime

MrShowtime Legend

Apr 8, 2009
    ya that seems low to me too....
    I get the same or a little more on most of those line items at the highest pay level
    It would be a little less on each line item at the 2nd highest pay grade.
    And I'm in house for an HSP, so they pay for gas/van/insurance/cable/fittings

7. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    I am actually going to call a DISH office. They advertise $90/ 20 with a few system features. Dish eq tends to be buggy but if these guys seem lucid I may put on the boots.

Joe