1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV re-allocated Hotel TV channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Floyd, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Floyd

Floyd Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    On Friday(6-16-12) afternoon a half a dozen of the DTV channels had something sent to the receivers that put them on ch-3(or whatever). The receivers started the display "channel not purchased...."
    I've gotten 7 calls so far, and have talked them through the procedure to put the receivers back onto the proper channels.
    I called DTV and they said that they were receiving a lot of calls on this problem and were walking customers though the restoration protocols.

I wonder what happened? Affected channels were HBO, ESPN, Nick, ect.

2. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I know there was a channel realignment for the non-Hotel Commercial DIRECTV packages on 6/14. Not sure if there was one for the hotel ones too. Do they have In-Room Choice? Or the a la carte programming package options?

3. Floyd

Floyd Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    The programming package isn't the problem. The problem is that some of the receivers tuned to a new channel, for some reason, possibly a software or security update. In many cases that "new" channel is not in one of the packages they subscribe to, resulting in the message "channel not purchased".
    The receivers have to stay on the proper channel for the system to work as designed. There is a receiver for each channel in these hotels.