1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV Slimline Mount

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Tebbens, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tebbens

Tebbens AllStar

Nov 10, 2004
    Could someone post the exact OD size of the Slimline dish mount ?
    I think its aprox 2" ??

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    The OD of the pipe is exactly 2"

3. SledDog

SledDog Icon

May 5, 2007
    Just had a slimline installed today. I had a 2" pole mounted to the house. The installer told me the mounting pipe needs to be 2.5 I find that strange. He fabbed a sleeve with a galvanized pole and installed it over the pole mounted to the house.

It could be the mounting pole was 1 and 7/8th. Either way the gal. sleeve was not did not have a 1/4 thick wall. So ya I'd say the mount needs to be 2 inches. My dish is up and running. the guy did a great job. I guess he could told me, sorry, the pole is not the correct diameter and I have to mount it the roof. I just had a new roof put on and did not want anything drilled into it.

4. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Just to confirm I just took my digital mic to it, 2.0045" OD (2" in my book)

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    To add: the older mast/pipe was 1 5/8" & the new one needs to be 2" [both are outside diameters].

6. FunkyMonk93

FunkyMonk93 Cool Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Can someone tell me what the total height of the pipe is? Trying to figure out if I could use the slimline wall mount with the pipe extended over the roof. See attached picasso....

[​IMG]

7. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    24" [for the red part]

8. FunkyMonk93

FunkyMonk93 Cool Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

If 24" is not going to be long enough to get up and over the eave, does anyone know if there is a longer mast available from D* or do I need to find one on my own? And, if I find one on my own, will the D* installer use it, or say "no way" to it?

9. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    If it's not long enough, you'll need to go to a muffler shop and either have them make an extension or bend up a longer mast. [If you take a mast to the shop they can make a slip fit pipe to go over it with little problem].

10. sack9

sack9 AllStar

Mar 13, 2007
    Try Using the new S-mount on the corner of the house

11. FunkyMonk93

FunkyMonk93 Cool Member

Jan 30, 2007
    I'd love to but can't. I've got a palm tree by the corner of the house that would obstruct my view. As it is, I am moving the dish when (upgrading from 3 to 5 LNB) from an area where the better half decided to plant bougainvillea's that I have to cut back every 3 months. Putting the dish on the roof will ensure that I will not ever have to cut back anything again!

12. CobraGuy

CobraGuy Godfather

Apr 23, 2007
    That is exactly what I did. I had a muffler shop bend me up a piece of 2" tubing to exactly fit my needs. It was dirt cheap and works perfectly. The only thing you will need to do is notch the end that goes to the bracket (so the pipe will pivot...look at the factory arm and you'll see what I mean) and drill the holes for the mount to bolt to...and the spacer inside the pipe will align with. Not hard at all with basic skills and tools. Paint the pipe and your good to go.

Oh yes...one more thing. Use a couple of monopoles for support!! Very important. Especially with a longer arm.

13. FunkyMonk93

FunkyMonk93 Cool Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Thanks Cobra. Do you happen to have any digital photos of your installation???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.